This year’s annual report and accounts, Shaping the future, details the RCP’s key achievements in 2017, including how we improved care for patients, and led and supported our members.
- Our membership increased to 34,500 physicians in the UK, from 84 countries around the world.
- The first phase of RCP North, the RCP's new centre for clinical excellence in Liverpool, opened for business in October 2017.
- Our educationalists delivered face-to-face training to over 4,000 doctors.
Our annual report presents our key activities and achievements in 2017, as well as outlining our plans for 2018. It is set out under our five strategic themes:
- improving care for patients
- developing physicians throughout their careers
- leading and supporting our members
- shaping the future of health and healthcare
- investing in our future and building on our heritage.
Income and expenditure
In 2017 our total income rose to £41.7 million, an increase of 2% from 2016. As a result of our continued investment in the RCP’s strategy, our expenditure increased by 6% from £42.5 million in 2016 to £45.5 million in 2017. This has been driven mainly by our commitment to improving standards in clinical practice, development of our membership engagement programme and growth of our education and training work.
For a detailed description of our activities and results for 2017, please download the full report.