Council is the RCP’s governing body for all professional and clinical matters, and is supported by a wide range of sub-committees.
To find out more about the work of Council and committees contact: Howard Ellison, deputy manager, committee services firstname.lastname@example.org or Simon Land, head of professional governance email@example.com.
- Care Quality Improvement Board
- Communications, Policy and Research Board
- Education Board
- Finance and Resources Board
- Medical Specialties Board
- Membership Support and Global Engagement Board.
Joint specialty committees (with the specialist societies)
- Joint Committee for Obstetric Medicine
- Joint Clinical Neurosciences Committee
- JSC for Cardiology
- JSC for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- JSC for Endocrinology and Diabetes
- JSC for Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- JSC for Genitourinary Medicine
- JSC for Infectious Diseases
- JSC for Medical Oncology
- JSC for Nuclear Medicine
- JSC for Palliative Medicine
- JSC for Rehabilitation Medicine
- JSC for Stroke Medicine
- RCP/British Association of Dermatologists senior officers
- RCP/British Geriatrics Society senior officers
- RCP/British Society for Rheumatology senior officers
- RCP/British Thoracic Society senior officers
- RCP/UK Kidney Association senior officers.
- UK Chemotherapy Board
- Intercollegiate Committee on Haematology
- Intercollegiate Standing Committee on Nuclear Medicine
- Joint Collegiate Council for Oncology
- Joint Committee on Immunology and Allergy
- Joint Committee on Genomics in Medicine.
Committees representing specific constituents of the membership/fellowship
- New Consultants Committee
- Student and Foundation Doctor Network (SFDN)
- Trainees Committee.
Other standing committees
- Advisory Group for Nutrition, Weight and Health
- COVID-19 Therapeutics Advice & Support Group (CTAG)
- Ethical Issues in Medicine Committee
- Expert Advisory Group on Commissioning
- Honours Committee
- Nominations Committee
- Patient Safety Committee
- RCP/Postgraduate Deans Liaison
- Regional Advisers
- Research and Academic Medicine Committee
- Sponsorship, partnership and External Events Committee
- Sport and Exercise Medicine
- Tobacco Advisory Group
- Young Adults and Adolescents Steering Group.