This 1-day workshop is designed to support consultants develop their understanding of the processes involved in quality improvement.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- describe the nature and purpose of quality improvement
- describe the essential knowledge and skills for quality improvement, and how to apply theory to practice
- Identify key models for improvement in the NHS
- Consider how to undertake small tests of change and how to measure change as part of a QI project
- lead and support trainees and teams to develop basic knowledge and skills to improve the quality of patient care.
Really enlightening as to the approach to take for QI projects and how to break them down into smaller projects for sequential trainees
The key to the Francis Report is improving the quality of clinical care delivered in the NHS, which must be achieved as we try to reconcile increasing demand, new and more expensive treatments, and the financial constraints. To achieve quality improvements requires system changes. However, making changes to even one small part of a complex system can be daunting.
Who should attend?
This course is open to consultants of all specialties.
Quality improvement training
4 December 2023 10:00 to 16:00