Assessment of the clinical performance of doctors has become an important issue, both among patients and within the profession, following the redesign of specialist training. Methods to assess performance, in an objective, valid and reliable way, have been introduced to address these issues.
This workshop provides an opportunity for participants to gain an understanding of a range of assessment methods and to develop confidence in using them to assess competence and performance more effectively.
Content relevant and good examples and video cases. Useful having a clinical facilitator to put into practical context.
- recognise the difference and the relationship between assessment and appraisal
- practise using workplace-based assessments
- use appropriate methods of assessment in a way that ensures reliability, validity, transparency, feasibility and educational impact
- provide good quality, useful feedback
- identify and maximise opportunities for workplace-based assessment
- overcome problems related to the assessment process.
The debates during the day were very thought provoking, educative, shedding light on the field. Very good material that is rare to find.
Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for doctors from all grades and specialties, including trainees.
20 April 2023 09:30 to 16:00