'On-the-job teaching' is a 1-day workshop for doctors wishing to integrate teaching and learning into their everyday service. Combining ward rounds, on-take and outpatient teaching with patient care.
What you will learn
This workshop provides practical suggestions on how to maximise learning opportunities and become a more effective teacher. By identifying techniques for teaching knowledge, clinical skills and professional behaviour, you will learn how to successfully incorporate teaching sessions into all clinical commitments.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- integrate teaching and learning into everyday service provision
- increase opportunities on the ward and the proportion of time available for education
- understand how knowledge, clinical skills and professional behaviour can be acquired and taught
- plan ahead, to enable on-the-job teaching to become more effective and efficient.
This workshop forms part of the RCP Educator accreditation.
Who should attend?
- all specialties
- consultants and final-year trainees.
- Full rate: £290.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to register on the Course Demand List for early notification of when future dates are LIVE for booking.
Membership and early-bird discounts are available. More information on becoming a member, and benefits from discounted RCP members delegate rates at conferences, training and events, are available.