Commentary is the membership magazine of the RCP, delivering authoritative insight and opinion across a diverse range of subjects – including political developments in the health sector and medical history.
In the latest issue
March is the first online only edition of Commentary, and we’ve included lots of bonus material. Some highlights from the edition include:
- Our interview with chief medical officer Professor Chris Whitty – The CMO discusses an unprecedented year for the health service and the workforce.
- A focus on wellbeing – Including practical advice about incorporating wellbeing sessions into your working life, and how to maximise your time outdoors while COVID-19 restrictions continue. A personal perspective on the medical humanities also invites readers to consider how they view themselves as professionals and their relationship to their work.
- Are we on the 'frontline'? – The use of military metaphor is common among doctors, and has become more prevalent during the pandemic – but is it accurate and appropriate?
- Appraisal for SAS doctors – The proportion of SAS doctors in the medical workforce is increasing. Does the standard appraisal system meet their needs and encourage professional development?
- A new global strategy – Celebrating the launch of the new RCP global strategy for 2021–2024, and we summarise its aims and ambitions.
- Margaret Turner-Warwick lecturer scheme – This scheme offers trainees the opportunity to share their research with colleagues, and we speak to three of the recent winners.
Advertising in Commentary
For information about advertising in the RCP’s publications – both in print and online – including pricing and production schedules, please see our rate card.