Commentary is the membership magazine of the RCP, delivering authoritative insight and opinion across a diverse range of subjects – including political developments in the health sector and medical history.
In the latest issue
September's Commentary is a special edition, and has been guest edited by the RCP Trainees Committee. In a packed issue, some of the highlights include:
- Flexible portfolio training – members of the RCP Trainees Committee interviewed participants in the flexible portfolio scheme, which offers trainees 1 day per week to pursue non-clinical development.
- Prudent and value-based healthcare – one of our guest editors interviews Dr Sally Lewis, the Welsh national lead for prudent and value-based healthcare.
- Interview: Dame Sally Davies – the former chief medical officer and UK special envoy on antimicrobial resistance is interviewed by former RCP academic vice president Professor Cheng-Hock Toh.
- Rheumatology services in east Africa – physicians from the UK and Kenya are working together to improve service provision in Kenya.
- Working in the House of Lords – one trainee describes their experiences on a scholarship scheme, working to support a member of the House of Lords.
- Older adult care in the pandemic – Torfaen in south Wales is home to the oldest Hospital at Home service in the UK, and we found out how they've adapted their practice during the pandemic.
- Putting community at the heart of integrated care – Professor Donna Hall considers how integrated care can be designed to fit the needs of communities.
Advertising in Commentary
For information about advertising in the RCP’s publications – both in print and online – please email email@example.com.