The National COPD Audit Programme hosted four regional quality improvement (QI) workshops during 2017, to facilitate and enable local quality improvement.
Supporting teams to improve care
The 1-day workshops involed supporting teams to design QI initiatives in an evidence-based way, using data from the National COPD Audit’s secondary care audit.
They joined other teams to share practice, and received information on methods of implementing change. There were resources and expert guidance available for delegates on the day.
When and where?
- Friday 21 July: London (Royal College of Physicians, 11 St Andrews Place, London NW1 4LE)
- Thursday 28 September: Taunton (Holiday Inn, M5, Junction 25, Deane Gate Avenue, Taunton TA1 TUA)
- Friday 13 October: Liverpool (Royal College of Physicians, Level 3, William Henry Duncan Building, 6 West Derby Street, Liverpool L7 8TX)
- Friday 3 November: Birmingham (Birmingham Conference & Events Centre, Hill Street, Birmingham B5 4EW)
All the workshops took place from 10am to 4pm, and included refreshments and lunch.
Who are these workshops for?
These workshops were designed for teams managing patients admitted to hospital with acute exacerbations of COPD, who are interested in improving care for patients.
We invited guests to attend in teams (two people or more). Ideally, teams were represented by at least one:
- allied health professional
- member of the local improvement department and/or member of the management team.
How to register
Please email email@example.com with the following information about yourself and the rest of your team:
- email address
- telephone number
- job title
- hospital at which you work.
Attendance is free but please note that there is limited capacity.
Our team will contact you with more information, some preparatory work (including comprehensive instructions) and a detailed agenda, well in advance of the day you have booked. CPD points will be available.
For more information, please contact the National COPD Audit Programme:
- Tel: +44 (0)20 3075 1526/1566
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photographs and feedback
Resources from the events
The handouts, guidance sheets, and examples that were available to our delegates at our events. The slide deck is also available.