SAS doctors are a diverse group of physicians who range from having four years’ experience to senior doctors practising independently.
From 22–26 August we’re celebrating SAS week 2022 – our second annual celebration of SAS colleagues. With something new every day of the week, this year we’ll be focusing on the following themes:
Developing SAS practice – our bespoke SAS week 2022 webinar
Now available on RCP Player.
SAS physicians tell us about their career journeys, sharing how to be effective appraisers, developers, leaders and policy influencers.
The webinar is worth 1 CPD credit. Registration is free and it’s available on demand until 22 November 2022.
SAS week 2022 on demand
Career choices and resources available for SAS doctors:
- RCP Launchpad – a member benefit helping SAS doctors, who are moving towards autonomous practice, grow into excellent educators, trainers and medical practitioners.
- A positive career choice: supporting SAS doctors in Wales – published findings from a workshop of SAS doctors in Wales, calling for a fresh approach to recruiting doctors and bringing down hospital waiting lists.
Events and opportunities for SAS doctors:
- National new consultants conference – interactive question and answer sessions as well as panel discussions to bring SAS doctors extra, personalised support.
- New consultants forums – offering practical help and support for SAS doctors who are moving towards taking on more responsibility.
How SAS doctor members and fellows can get involved with the RCP:
- SAS doctor strategy 2022–24 – setting out how the RCP will ensure SAS doctors are treated equitably within the RCP.
- RCP fellowship – fellows have the exclusive right to serve as elected representation within the RCP, hold advisory and leadership roles and more. Did you know SAS doctors can selfpropose for the accolade of fellowship?
- RCP SAS regional representative network – created to ensure that SAS doctors’ needs, views and interests are represented within the regional teams and to increase their active involvement with the RCP.
Live Twitter chat with Dr Jamie Read, RCP SAS lead
The live chat has passed but the tweets, stories and experiences shared remain online. Pop over to our Twitter platform @RCPhysicians and take a look.
Photography used for SAS week
The RCP collects photography showing real-life situations physicians face. We do our very best to make sure the people portrayed in an image are relevant to the instance where it is used. Should you see an image for SAS week 2022 that you feel is not relevant, please email Jenn.Burlingame@rcp.ac.uk.