Consultants who hold the MRCP(UK) qualification or are in a substantive position are eligible for collegiate membership.
Our dedicated membership community provides local support, national networking opportunities, and tailored events – to equip you with the professional connections and knowledge you need to succeed in your career.
As a healthcare leader and educator, our cutting-edge training and quality improvement programmes will help you further your specialist practice development and broaden your expertise. And through our UK local networks, you can connect with member colleagues to share challenges and develop innovative approaches to clinical practice.
Your local representatives work together to represent your views nationally. We are your advocates, here to protect your best professional interests, ensure you are equipped for workplace success, and provide leadership opportunities that amplify your impact and influence positive change.
Membership benefits for consultants
- Free access to streamed CPD content via RCP Player, including the popular Acute medicine and Specialty series.
- access to RCP Launchpad – essential resources for new consultants and SAS doctors
- Free and discounted access to conferences and events.
- Free access to a range of e-learning modules to support your practice.
- Discounted access to education and training opportunities including the RCP six step course for new consultants.
- Representation through the New Consultants Committee and regular new consultants forums offering practical support as you develop in your role.
- A regional and international network to support you wherever you are based.
- Full online access to Clinical Medicine, Future Healthcare Journal and Commentary magazine to keep you abreast of the latest developments across general medicine, the specialties and the future delivery of healthcare.
- Access to our Members and Fellows Lounge at The Spine boasting impressive views of Liverpool and beyond, free Wi-Fi, a coffee machine, access to charging points and more.
- Access to our CPD diary and app, saving you £165 a year.
- Opportunity to apply to a number of awards, bursaries and prizes that are exclusive to RCP members and fellow.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for collegiate membership?
If you are a consultant or an NHS consultant in a substantive post then you are eligible for collegiate membership.
If you are a specialty trainee enrolled in higher medical training with the JRCPTB, you qualify for collegiate membership. We encourage you to spread the cost of your training fees by paying annually alongside your trainee collegiate membership subscription.
If you have passed the MRCP(UK) exam you qualify for collegiate membership.
If you are a qualified international physician who has passed the MRCP(UK) exam you are eligible for collegiate membership.
How much does collegiate membership cost per year?
If applying between 1 July and 31 December
Collegiate membership (UK 0-2 years as a consultant) – £190.00
Collegiate membership (UK 3-4 years as a consultant) – £215.00
Collegiate membership (UK more than 5 years as a consultant) – £260.00
Collegiate membership (international HIC) – £152.00
Collegiate membership (international LMIC) – £133.00
Collegiate membership (trainees enrolled with JRCPTB) – £146.00
Collegiate membership (combined with JRCPTB training fee) – £318.00
If applying between 1 January and 30 June
Collegiate membership (UK 0-2 years as a consultant) – £95.00
Collegiate membership (UK 3-4 years as a consultant) – £107.50
Collegiate membership (UK more than 5 years as a consultant) – £130.00
Collegiate membership (international HIC) – £76.00
Collegiate membership (international LMIC) – £66.50
Collegiate membership (trainees enrolled with JRCPTB) – £73.00
Collegiate membership (combined with JRCPTB training fee) – £245.00
Collegiate membership is renewed on 1 October each year
If you are a UK taxpayer, save from 22–40% of the cost of your membership subscription. Please read our payment information document to find out more about subscriptions and concessions.