The 'Navigating the CESR route' workshop offers practical advice and guidance for doctors of all specialties who are considering applying for the Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR).
Upcoming Workshop dates
- Online 25 January 2023 - Sold Out
Brilliant summary of what’s needed to get through the CESR route. Can’t recommend enough
The CESR is a route to entry on to the specialist register for those doctors who have not followed an approved training programme. It was previously known as Article 14.
It focuses on the types of supporting evidence required, who to approach for a reference, as well as providing practical tips for completing the application process.
The 'Navigating the CESR route' workshop includes:
- Presentation and Q&A session on the application process from the GMC's specialist applications team
- RCP clinical teaching faculty experienced in assessing CESR applications
- Up-to-date facts and statistics on application success rates
- Guidance on supporting evidence and references.
The workshop also provides useful and practical strategies for maintaining and developing your portfolio. With focus on the value of using portfolios for professional development, using reflection, personal development plans and action plans.
Very good – gave me a clear idea how much evidence I have now and how to start collecting other requirements
What you will learn
By the end of this workshop doctors will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of your personal development and how to plan it
- Identify and gather evidence required for completing a CESR application
- Identify appropriate referees to support a CESR application
- Gain practical tips on completing a CESR application
- Develop and manage an individual portfolio.
Who should apply?
- all specialties
- SAS doctors.
- Full rate: £290
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register on the Course Demand List for early notification of when future dates are LIVE for booking.
To discuss commissioning this workshop as in-house training for your trust, please contact Oliver Cullen by phone on +44(0)20 3075 1555 or by email at email@example.com.
Membership and early-bird discounts are available. More information on becoming a member, and benefits from discounted RCP members delegate rates at conferences, training and events, are available.