Please note NRAP do not have information governance permission to view or receive patient identifiable data (including, but not limited to date of birth, NHS number and patient address).
Please do not send NRAP any patient identifiable information. We will still assist with your query to the best of our ability.
If you require support in resolving specific import error queries, we advise that you contact the webtool provider Crown directly via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send any data by email to Crown.
This page provides a series of resources to support services who are participating in the audit of children and young people asthma secondary care, or who are eligible to participate and would like more information.
All hospitals in England and Wales who admit 1-18-year olds with asthma attacks are eligible to participate. To register your hospital, please complete and send the registration and Caldicott Guardian approval forms below to email@example.com.
- Sharing identifiable data - information on when and how NRAP might share identifiable data, and a record on when this has occurred.
- Data flows for children and young people asthma - diagram showing how NRAP and its stakeholders access and use clinical data on children and young people asthma.
- Children and young people asthma clinical fair processing - detailed explanation of NRAP’s approval to collect and store clinical data on children and young people asthma, and how data is shared with NRAP’s stakeholders.
- Information governance frequently asked questions.
Audit and data collection guidance for participating services
- Children and young people asthma user guide - detailed support for accessing and using the webtool as well as advice on information governance, data collection and submission.
- Children and young people welcome pack - detailed information for new users of the webtool as well as links to other useful materials.
- Children and young people asthma frequently asked questions - find answers to the common questions asthma services have about the NRAP clinical audit of children and young people asthma. Questions cover general information on the audit, technical questions on how to use the audit webtool, and questions on how we collect, store, use and share data.
- Children and young people clinical audit dataset - see the full list of data points you will be asked to enter on the audit webtool for each patient included in the audit. The document includes help notes to help you respond to each question.
- Children and young people asthma data collection sheet
- Importing technical guidance for the NRAP audits
- Guidance for using the webtool import function
- Data entry deadlines 2023-2026
- Data collection sheet.
Information to share with patients
Information for patients and details about how NRAP works in partnership with patients and carers can be found on the patient support page.
Healthcare improvement (HI) support for asthma services
Generic and asthma specific HI support is available for everyone on the NRAP website. This includes:
- Recommendations for HI priorities
- Slide sets highlighting key findings from clinical audit reports to inform and support clinical teams to make improvements
- "How to" guides for NRAP runcharts
- Templates for driver diagrams, PDSA cycles and SMART aims.
For more information about NRAP's HI strategy and activities, click here.